James Knott wrote:
Hameed Yussuph wrote:
Hello again, More people are turning to mobile devices and looking at current trends, the document people still will be viewing on their mobiles; Symbian, BlackBerry and the ubiquitous Windows Mobile, are Microsoft proprietary document formats. If the ODF community is very serious (extremely serious) about dominating the landscape, then OpenOffice.org needs to consider a mobile version NOT PORTABLE VERSION.

You're confusing file formats (ODF) with applications (OpenOffice). There are many applications that work with ODF files, OpenOffice being but one of them. There may very well be applications for those devices that support ODF. For example, there will soon be AbiWord for the Nokia N800 & N810 Internet Tablet. AbiWord supports ODT files, at least in the desktop version. ODT files are the ODF format for word processing.

Due to resource limitations, mobile applications tend to be "light weight", which means they are stripped down, compared to full suites, such as OpenOffice.
I don't know about you, but besides when I view it on Nokia's website, I can't actually remember if I have actually seen the two phones you mentioned above. When I talk about mobile devices, I mean that which the average Joseph uses. My point is, I for one would like to see "OpenOffice Mobile" (if there's going to be one). If mobile applications such as Quick Office can do the job effectively, I don't see why OpenOffice can't do the same.