nice work!

the black curve is the median right ? I'm confused with the other 2 red ones.

De : users-boun...@openturns.org <users-boun...@openturns.org> de la part de Pamphile ROY <r...@cerfacs.fr>
Envoyé : mardi 8 août 2017 16:28:28
À : users
Objet : [ot-users] Functional curves

Hi everyone,

Thanks to Michaël Baudin's inputs, I have made a function which enables functional plots using openTURNS.
If you don't know this, it is useful when you have lots of 1D curves and you want to find the mean curve, outliers, etc.

Here is the GitHub:

https://github.com/tupui/HDR-Boxplot/tree/openTURNS

and in case, here is the reddit link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Python/comments/6q6bgv/finding_median_curve_from_curves_hdr_boxplot/

The master branch is making heavy use of scikit-learn instead of OT. This choice is motivated by the speed and
by the ability to optimize easily the bandwidth (for kernel smoothing).

The openTURNS branch uses the class ot.KernelSmoothing and the function computeMinimumVolumeLevelSetWithThreshold.
Michaël has done some work for replacing the PCA's class from scikit-learn with OT. I will eventually get some time to integrate this (or someone can ;)).

Both branches are tested and slightly documented. Feel free to comment and even do pull requests :)

Cheers,

Pamphile ROY