Suspend/dump shouldn't have anything to do with the disk size of the container AFAIK. That should only be dumping the memory of the system. Have you tested multiple times? Maybe a process hung during the suspend? It might also be useful for you to track the size of the dump file.

Nipun Arora <mailto:nipunarora2...@gmail.com>
Saturday, November 22, 2014 12:09 PM
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone can suggest what is the most optimal way to do the following

1. Can anyone clarify if ploop is the best layout for minimum suspend time during live migration?

2. I tried migrating a ploop device where I increased the --diskspace to 5G, and found that the suspend time taken by live migration increased to 57 seconds (mainly undump and restore increased)... whereas a 2G diskspace was taking 2-3 seconds suspend time... Is this expected?

3. I tried running a write intensive workload, and found that beyond 100-150Kbps, the suspend time during live migration rapidly increased? Is this an expected trend?

I am using vzctl 4.7, and ploop 1.11 in centos 6.5

Thanks
Nipun