Hi,
I attached one host node in my engine. Because it is the only one node, it is automatically the SPM node. And it used to run well in my engine. Yesterday, some errors happened in the network work of the host node. That made the node become "unresponsive" in the engine. I am sure the network errors are fixed and want to bring the node back to life now. However, I found that the only one node could not be "confirm as host been rebooted" and could not be set into the maintenance mode. The reason given there is no active host in the datacenter and SPM can not enter into maintenance mode. It seems that it fell into a logic loop here. Losting network can be quite common in developing environment even in production environment, I think we should have a way to address this problem on how to repair a host node encountering network down for a while.

--
Shu Ming<shum...@linux.vnet.ibm.com>
IBM China Systems and Technology Laboratory