Hi,

Please see reply in-line.

> In ovirt-engine-3.1 I'm attempting to setup the base logical networks
> and have run into 2 major issues.

Are you using cluster version 3.0 or 3.1?

> The first is I'm only seeing a Gateway field for the management
> interface.  When I went to create a network for VMs (on seperate
> subnet) I did not see a place to specify gateway (see img
> ovirt_network_missing_gateway.png).  Right now my management port is
> on a 100mbps network and the bridged devices live on a 1Gbps network
> (net140 in cluster).  Is there a reason the gateway would be missing?
> I've attached ovirt_networks.png that shows all the interfaces on my
> host.

Unfortunately, oVirt supports setting only the default gateway of the Host
(This is the field you saw in the management network).

We could theoretically use initscripts' static routing files, but that is left
for
future development.

> The second issue I'm having is creating a storage network.  I created
> 2 logical networks , private0 and private1.  I left the "VM Network"
> unchecked on both as my assumption was that dicates if they can be
> added to VMs.  Since these are only for hosts to connect to the iSCSI
> I didn't think that was necessary.  When I set the IP information
> (private_network0.png) and select Ok the save goes through but when I
> edit the interface again the information is gone and the file
> ifcfg-eth4 does not have IP information.  This is what I looks like
>
> DEVICE=eth4
> ONBOOT=yes
> BOOTPROTO=none
> HWADDR=00:1b:21:1d:33:f0
> NM_CONTROLLED=no
> MTU=9000

I didn't quite understand what you did here..
What I think you meant is:
1. You edited the network on a NIC, and provided static boot protocol
   with the parameters (ip, netmask).
2. After that when you clicked OK then the configuration was sent to
   the Host, and in the "Network Interfaces" tab for the Host you could
   see the IP in the "Address" column. On the host the ifcfg script for
   this network had these fields set.
--- Assuming that no restart of Host or VDSM on Host was done ---
3. You edited the network again, didn't change anything, and clicked OK.
4. This time, the boot protocol info was gone from display & ifcfg file
   on the Host.

Is this correct?

Also do you by any chance have the log files of ovirt (engine.log)/vdsm
(vdsm.log) with the flow that you did?

> I also attached image cluster_logical_networks.png that shows the all
> the logical networks on this cluster.  So far my plan is to have a
> single public interface for VM traffic, then two for storage traffic,
> each going to a different switch.  This setup is just an initial test
> but I'd hope to have it in production once I get some of these kinks
> worked out.
>
> Please let me know what information would be useful to debug this
> further.
>
> Thanks
> - Trey

Regards,