On 10/03/2012 04:17 PM, Neil wrote:
On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 4:06 PM, Itamar Heim <ih...@redhat.com> wrote:
On 10/03/2012 04:04 PM, Neil wrote:

Thanks for coming back to me.

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 4:00 PM, Itamar Heim <ih...@redhat.com> wrote:

do you need to keep the VMs, or just move the LUNs to create a new one?
if you just want to create a new one, you just need to clear the LUNs (DD
over them) so engine will let you use them (or remove them from first
engine
which will format them for same end goal.

I need to keep the VM's unfortunately.
Logically speaking all I need to do is detach the main data domain
from one ovirt-engine and re-attach it to the new ovirt-engine.

sadly, not that easy yet (though just discussed today the need to push this
feature).

easiest would be to export them to an nfs export domain, re-purpose the
LUNs, and import to the new system.

if not feasible, need to hack a bit probably.

Oh crumbs! I thought that was wishful thinking though :)

Exporting the VM's to NFS will take too long due to the total size
being 4TB and the VM's are a mail, proxy and pdc servers so getting
that much downtime won't be possible. Is attempting the upgrade
path(http://wiki.ovirt.org/wiki/OVirt_3.0_to_3.1_upgrade) again my
only option then?
Even if I manage to get the "upgrade" working will I still need to
export/import the VM's via NFS or will the datacentre move across once
it can be detached?

if you upgrade it the DC should be preserved.
juan - i remember there was a specific issue around upgrade to check, but don't remember if was handled or not?