On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 21:54:01 +0000
Alex Leonhardt <alex.t...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've had the same issue, turns out it resets itself everytime you
> configure the network interfaces *and* although you "fix it" it wont
> "save" the config until I saw the tick box (scroll down) to do
> so ;) ...
>
> Caught me up a couple times and was going to report it as a bug next
> week.
>
> The solution is not to reset the node, it's to manually reconfigure
> the NIC to have the same / old IP address, the node will come back to
> live which then enables you to re-save the network config by setting
> it to manual and ticking the box ;)

My opinion is that ovirt engine should _NOT_ touch automatically
OS networking at all without confirmation of the user!

I haven't read the code but it seems it is using first available network
interface. What about it my first network interfaces is dedicated for
special purpose? I worked in a company where every server had 3
interfaces - 1st install/backup - 2nd service - 3rd admin. In this case
ovirtmgmt should be on 3rd interface, not first one.

I totally hate every autoreconfiguration without confirmation, this
style pretends to be more clever that sysadmin and finally it sometimes
break whole setup and needs manual reparation.

jbelka