On Thu, Jan 03, 2013 at 10:52:33AM +0000, Alexandre Santos wrote:
> "you can change the vnc keyboard layout via the config tool
> (VncKeyboardLayout option) globally.
> still missing as a per vm option (though you can easily do this via a
> hook if you need it per vm)"

Wow, that was quick, thanks for the hint! Changing the value was easy:

# engine-config -g VncKeyboardLayout
VncKeyboardLayout: en-us version: general
# engine-config -s VncKeyboardLayout=de --cver=general
# engine-config -g VncKeyboardLayout
VncKeyboardLayout: de version: general

I did a quick test: shutdown a VM and power-on again.
But unfortunately the VNC console keyboard is still odd.
Do you know when this setting will be activated? Do I have
to do something with the oVirt nodes for the new setting
to be enabled?

Thanks
- Frank