would that stop any of the running VMs ?

alex

On 04/16/2013 09:47 PM, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 05:12:35PM +0200, Martin Kletzander wrote:
On 04/15/2013 03:39 PM, Alex Leonhardt wrote:
Hi,

I believe it's save, but just wanted to re-check, is it save to restart
libvirtd on a HV running ~40 VMs ?

Hi,

for libvirt questions, I'd rather use libvirt-us...@redhat.com, but for
this particular one, I can confirm that libvirt is written in a way that
enables it to be restarted without any impact on the machines which are
being ran.

Of course I can't say "nothing will happen" due to the fact that every
single time something can happen, but nothing _should_ happen to any of
your machines.
Indeed. Vdsm should notice that libvirtd has died, and restart itself.
However, it would be safer to stop Vdsm explicitly before you do that
(for example http://gerrit.ovirt.org/8283 )