Hi

I add a similar issue on fedora18, I fixed it :
 yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing systemd-197-1.fc18.2
Do know if it can help.

Kevin



2013/6/14 Cuongds <cuongds....@gmail.com>

> Nicolas Ecarnot <nicolas@...> writes:
>
> >
> > Le 20/04/2013 22:55, Itamar Heim a écrit :
> > > On 03/27/2013 10:38 AM, Nicolas Ecarnot wrote:
> > >> Le 26/03/2013 12:17, Nicolas Ecarnot a écrit :
> > >>> Le 25/03/2013 12:10, Nicolas Ecarnot a écrit :
> > >>>> Le 24/03/2013 09:53, Dafna Ron a écrit :
> > >>>>> is the vm preallocated or thin provision disk type?
> > >>>>
> > >>>> This VM has 3 disks :
> > >>>> - first disk to host the windows system : Thin provision
> > >>>> - second disk to store some data : Preallocated
> > >>>> - third disk to store some more data : Thin provision
> > >>>>
> > >>>> I'm realizing that amongst the 15 VMs, only this one and another one
> > >>>> that is stopped are using preallocated disks.
> > >>>> I'm regularly migrating some VMs (and stopping and starting and
> playing
> > >>>> with them) with no issue, and they all are using thin provisioned
> > >>>> disks!
> > >>>>
> > >>>> Could this be a common factor of the problem?
> > >>>>
> > >>>>>
> > >>>>> also, can you please attach engine, vdsm, libvirt and the vm's qemu
> > >>>>> logs?
> > >>>>
> > >>>> Relevant logs :
> > >>>>
> > >>>> ############
> > >>>>
> > >>>> Ok, I'm in the process of collecting the logs and posting them in a
> > >>>> useable manner.
> > >>>>
> > >>>> More to come.
> > >>>
> > >>> Ok, once again, I ran a test and observed the relevant logs.
> > >>> I tried to isolate the time frames, but it may be long for vdsm.log
> > >>>
> > >>> Here they are :
> > >>> * /var/log/libvirt/qemu/serv-chk-adm3.log
> > >>> http://pastebin.com/JVKMSmxD
> > >>> * /var/log/libvirtd.log
> > >>> http://pastebin.com/sWGDCqNh
> > >>> * /var/log/vdsm/vdsm.log (the BIG one)
> > >>> http://pastebin.com/bevTEhym
> > >>>
> > >>> What I can add to help you help me, is that :
> > >>> - I saw that all my VM appear as tainted. I did not know what that
> meant
> > >>> (but RTFMed since), and this does not appear to disturb the other VMs
> > >>> - Many VMs including the problematic one have been imported from
> > >>> ovirt-v2v with now such issue.
> > >>> - This particular VM was also imported, but the starting point was a
> > >>> vmdk or ova single file.
> > >>> - Two additionnal data disks were added
> > >>> - As I said, this is the only running VM stored as pre allocated.
> > >>>
> > >>> Regards,
> > >>>
> > >>
> > >> One suggestion : I see no obvious errors in the log files. Could this
> > >> paused state happen due to a VM's kernel panic?
> > >>
> > >
> > > is this still relevant?
> >
> > It is!
> > Further investigations from my colleague shown the following facts :
> > - This VM has 3 disks. Only one of those disks is responsible for the
> > problem
> > - In this disk, my coworker has found only 3 files (database files) that
> > he can do nothing with without leading to the freeze.
> > - He tried to cat them into /dev/null, and this is leading to the freeze
> > - He tried to copy them into another disk -> freeze!
> >
> > We see absolutely no evidence of a kernel panic.
> > Rather, this seems to be related to a network bottleneck between the
> > node and the iSCSI SAN, leading to oVirt unable to sustain a sufficent
> > bandwidth and freezing the VM.
> >
> > Since then, we moved to another solution, but for the sake of opensource
> > debugging, we did kept the faulty VM for your eyes only :)
> >
>
>
> Hi, anyone has answer? I got same issue. I create new vm and cannot start
> on
> ovirt node. The status wating for launch long time and vm cannot start.
> here is vdsm log:
> VM Channels Listener::DEBUG::2013-06-14
> 18:32:32,504::vmChannels::104::vds::
> (_handle_unconnected) Trying to connect fileno 37.
> VM Channels Listener::DEBUG::2013-06-14 18:32:32,504::guestIF::95::vm.Vm::
> (_connect) vmId=`ffd60b1c-9a3c-4853-88aa-7973f9756c96`::Attempting
> connection to /var/lib/libvirt/qemu/channels/4000570-
> 01.com.redhat.rhevm.vdsm
> VM Channels Listener::DEBUG::2013-06-14
> 18:32:33,505::vmChannels::104::vds::
> (_handle_unconnected) Trying to connect fileno 32.
> VM Channels Listener::DEBUG::2013-06-14 18:32:33,505::guestIF::95::vm.Vm::
> (_connect) vmId=`187f61c9-d81f-491a-b5f0-4798ec6c8342`::Attempting
> connection to /var/lib/libvirt/qemu/channels/4000565-
> 01.com.redhat.rhevm.vdsm
> VM Channels Listener::DEBUG::2013-06-14
> 18:32:33,505::vmChannels::104::vds::
> (_handle_unconnected) Trying to connect fileno 33.
> VM Channels Listener::DEBUG::2013-06-14 18:32:33,505::guestIF::95::vm.Vm::
> (_connect) vmId=`6c3074ae-c752-4622-94e7-a4ca09b252f7`::Attempting
> connection to /var/lib/libvirt/qemu/channels/4000563-
> 02.com.redhat.rhevm.vdsm
> VM Channels Listener::DEBUG::2013-06-14
> 18:32:33,506::vmChannels::104::vds::
> (_handle_unconnected) Trying to connect fileno 35.
> VM Channels Listener::DEBUG::2013-06-14 18:32:33,506::guestIF::95::vm.Vm::
> (_connect) vmId=`20f144cd-f027-4710-a433-dcdc62eec554`::Attempting
> connection to /var/lib/libvirt/qemu/channels/4000568-
> 01.com.redhat.rhevm.vdsm
> VM Channels Listener::DEBUG::2013-06-14
> 18:32:33,506::vmChannels::104::vds::
> (_handle_unconnected) Trying to connect fileno 37.
> VM Channels Listener::DEBUG::2013-06-14 18:32:33,506::guestIF::95::vm.Vm::
> (_connect) vmId=`ffd60b1c-9a3c-4853-88aa-7973f9756c96`::Attempting
> connection to /var/lib/libvirt/qemu/channels/4000570-
> 01.com.redhat.rhevm.vdsm
> VM Channels Listener::DEBUG::2013-06-14
> 18:32:34,507::vmChannels::104::vds::
> (_handle_unconnected) Trying to connect fileno 32.
> VM Channels Listener::DEBUG::2013-06-14 18:32:34,508::guestIF::95::vm.Vm::
> (_connect) vmId=`187f61c9-d81f-491a-b5f0-4798ec6c8342`::Attempting
> connection to /var/lib/libvirt/qemu/channels/4000565-
> 01.com.redhat.rhevm.vdsm
> VM Channels Listener::DEBUG::2013-06-14
> 18:32:34,508::vmChannels::104::vds::
> (_handle_unconnected) Trying to connect fileno 33.
> VM Channels Listener::DEBUG::2013-06-14 18:32:34,508::guestIF::95::vm.Vm::
> (_connect) vmId=`6c3074ae-c752-4622-94e7-a4ca09b252f7`::Attempting
> connection to /var/lib/libvirt/qemu/channels/4000563-
> 02.com.redhat.rhevm.vdsm
> VM Channels Listener::DEBUG::2013-06-14
> 18:32:34,508::vmChannels::104::vds::
> (_handle_unconnected) Trying to connect fileno 35.
> VM Channels Listener::DEBUG::2013-06-14 18:32:34,509::guestIF::95::vm.Vm::
> (_connect) vmId=`20f144cd-f027-4710-a433-dcdc62eec554`::Attempting
> connection to /var/lib/libvirt/qemu/channels/4000568-
> 01.com.redhat.rhevm.vdsm
> VM Channels Listener::DEBUG::2013-06-14
> 18:32:34,509::vmChannels::104::vds::
> (_handle_unconnected) Trying to connect fileno 37.
> VM Channels Listener::DEBUG::2013-06-14 18:32:34,509::guestIF::95::vm.Vm::
> (_connect) vmId=`ffd60b1c-9a3c-4853-88aa-7973f9756c96`::Attempting
> connection to /var/lib/libvirt/q
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Users mailing list
> Users@ovirt.org
> http://lists.ovirt.org/mailman/listinfo/users
>



-- 

Kevin Mazière
Responsable Infrastructure
Alter Way – Hosting
 1 rue Royal - 227 Bureaux de la Colline
92213 Saint-Cloud Cedex
Tél : +33 (0)1 41 16 38 41
Mob : +33 (0)7 62 55 57 05
 http://www.alterway.fr
_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
Users@ovirt.org
http://lists.ovirt.org/mailman/listinfo/users

Reply via email to