On 06/25/2013 02:52 PM, Alex Lourie wrote:

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 1:31 PM, Karli Sjöberg <karli.sjob...@slu.se> wrote:
mån 2013-06-24 klockan 12:35 +0003 skrev Alex Lourie:
On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 2:09 PM, Karli Sjöberg <karli.sjob...@slu.se> wrote:
> mån 2013-06-24 klockan 10:54 +0003 skrev Alex Lourie:
>> On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 1:26 PM, Karli Sjöberg >> <karli.sjob...@slu.se> >> wrote:
>> > sön 2013-06-23 klockan 09:38 +0003 skrev Alex Lourie: Hi Karli
>> >  > No no, the source Alex, the source:)
> > /K

Sure, that one too.

Hi Karli

Well, it wasn´t with me for long, I have hit BZ 911939 and 901786, where fedup fails to find my LVM volumes. In the dracut shell (to where it gets dropped), I have good output from blkid and lvm pvs|vgs|lvs but no nodes created in /dev/mapper and so the system cannot boot and upgrade fails. Do you have any suggestions there that might help? In the mean time, I´ll try upgrading using http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upgrading_Fedora_using_yum instead, see if that gives better success.

Sorry to hear that. Different people have experienced multiple problems upgrading lvm-based F17 systems to F18. I don't think that there's a magic solution that would just work, each case is usually solved on its own.

Let us know how you progress with upgrading with yum.

Alex.

i used same article [1] and had a successful go with it - good luck...

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upgrading_Fedora_using_yum#Fedora_17_-.3E_Fedora_18

--

Med Vänliga Hälsningar
Karli Sjöberg