On 10/30/2013 05:26 PM, Vinzenz Feenstra wrote:
On 10/30/2013 05:24 PM, René Koch (ovido) wrote:
On Wed, 2013-10-30 at 15:55 +0100, Vinzenz Feenstra wrote:
On 10/30/2013 03:35 PM, Vinzenz Feenstra wrote:

On 10/30/2013 03:34 PM, René Koch (ovido) wrote:

On Wed, 2013-10-30 at 13:33 +0100, Vinzenz Feenstra wrote:
On 10/28/2013 04:32 PM, Itamar Heim wrote:
On 10/28/2013 05:19 PM, René Koch (ovido) wrote:
Also, the guest-agent itself is just a python script that should just
work. Just some packaging is required, so we're looking to revamp this in build.opensuse.org, and hope some SUSE users will help us with
closing and testing this one.
I can help creating packages for SLES and openSUSE on build.opensuse.org for latest guest agent without SSO (and of course test the packages) or is Vinzenz Feenstra already working on it as I saw he pushed the sources
to OBS?

I'm sure Vinzenz will appreciate help with this one - so many things
to do...
Packages are now available for openSUSE 12.3, 13.1 and Factory, and SLES
11 SP3
I also updated a packaged version of python-ethtool to 0.7 in that
repository. So that we have the full support of the features it provides.
I just tested your guest agent packages on openSUSE 12.3 x86_64 -
SLES 11 will follow...

Everything works fine except application listing, as the packages
have different names on openSUSE:

Here's my application_list for openSUSE 12.3:

# openSUSE Packages:    kernel-desktop ovirt-guest-agent-common
xf86-video-qxl
applications_list = kernel ovirt-guest-agent xorg-x11-drv-qxl
linux-image xserver-xorg-video-qxl kernel-desktop
ovirt-guest-agent-common xf86-video-qxl
Yeah right I forgot to check for the application names.
I'll update this immediately.
Done. The repo has been updated with ovirt-guest-agent-common-1.0.8-3
Thanks for reporting and testing :-)

I just wanted to test the SLES 11 guest agent package, but there's only
a source rpm available, no binary rpm. According to the build log on
build.opensuse.org only the source rpm was created.

Also in build.log I see the following errors:

[   73s] error: Recursion depth(17) greater than max(16)

[   73s] error: line 104:     #
[   73s]         test -n "$FIRST_ARG" || FIRST_ARG=$1
[   73s]         if test "$FIRST_ARG" = "0" ; then
[ 73s] test -f /etc/sysconfig/services && . /etc/sysconfig/services [ 73s] if test "$YAST_IS_RUNNING" != "instsys" -a "$DISABLE_STOP_ON_REMOVAL" != yes ; then
[   73s]               for service in
Oh, strange that it passed then though. I will check with the guys on freenode.net/#opensuse-buildservice
Ok I have fixed that issue however it seems like that there will be still an issue with finding a solution which does not need polkit or usermode to execute some things like shutdown, hibernate and lock session

I will investigate that further. In case you have an idea please let me know. Thanks.

I tested these features and they are working fine:
- shutdown guest
- display memory
- display ip address (both ipv4 and ipv6)
- display applications

Great job!

Regards,
René

Thanks,
    Itamar

--
Regards,

Vinzenz Feenstra | Senior Software Engineer
RedHat Engineering Virtualization R & D
Phone: +420 532 294 625
IRC: vfeenstr or evilissimo

See how it works at redhat.com