On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 07:43:52AM +0000, Karli Sjöberg wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-01-21 at 21:22 -0300, Federico Sayd wrote:
> > Hello:
> >
> > I am having problems with bonding
> >
> > I have installed Centos 6.5 in order to use it as host. I configured
> > eth0 with the vlan of the management network (Vlan 70). Then I
> > registered the host to the engine (3.3.2-1-el6) and the engine
> > installed oVirt in the host without problem.  Ovirtmgmt was created
> > automatically and bridged with eth0.70.
> >
> > Now I need to bond a second network interface (eth1) with eth0. But
> > when I try to bond the nics, I get the next error:
> >
> > "A slave interface is not properly configured. Please verify slaves do
> > not contain any of the following properties: network name, boot
> > protocol, IP address, netmask, gateway or vlan-ID notation (as part of
> > interface's name or explicitly)"

Federico, where exactly do you get this error? Would you attach the
setupNetwork log from supervdsmd.log?

> > I delete any unnecessary parameters from ifcfg-eth0 and ifcfg-eth1.
> >
> > This is my network config:
> >
> > ifcfg-eth0:
> > DEVICE=eth0
> > TYPE=Ethernet
> > ONBOOT=yes
> >
> > ifcfg-eth1:
> > DEVIC E=eth1
> > TYPE=Ethernet
> > ONBOOT=yes
> >
> > ifcfg-eth0.70:
> > # Generated by VDSM version 4.13.2-1.el6
> > DEVICE=eth0.70
> > ONBOOT=yes
> > VLAN=yes
> > BRIDGE=ovirtmgmt
> > NM_CONTROLLED=no
> > STP=no
> >
> > ifcfg-ovirtmgmt:
> > # Generated by VDSM version 4.13.2-1.el6
> > DEVICE=ovirtmgmt
> > ONBOOT=yes
> > TYPE=Bridge
> > DELAY=0
> > IPADDR=192.168.1.101
> > NETMASK=255.255.255.0
> > BOOTPROTO=none
> > DEFROUTE=yes
> > NM_CONTROLLED=no
> > STP=no
> >
> > No others ifcfg-* files.
> >
> > I don't see the parameters that oVirt doesn't like. Any clue,
> > workaround, bug report....?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Federico
> >
> > PD: Sorry for my basic english
> >

> I´ve seen issues from folks trying to configure Host network through
> webadmin and failing one too many times now, so I decided to write
> something up:
>
> http://www.ovirt.org/Bonding_VLAN_Bridge
>
> Hope this helps!

Thanks Karli! Though it SHOULD be possible to start with eth0 and eth0.2
on the host (where "2" is the vlan id of your manamgement network), and
from there on, do all configuration via Engine.

I'd like to automate as much as possible out of this process, and iron
out remaining bugs. Hence, I would like to hear more about Federico's
mode of failure.

One comment to your wiki page: in order to better intergrate with our
recent source-routing support (mostly useful for display network),
please set GATEWAY only in ifcfg-ovirtmgmt, and remember to set
DEFROUTE=no in any other ifcfg that mentions IPADDR so as not to
override the default.

Dan.