Dear All,

With your permission I will elaborate more on OpenvSwitch integration. I will
try briefly  to share with you my experience.
My university uses MS Windows Active directory 2008R2 with several domains
dedicated to connect staff computers, computer labs, users private devices,
different types of users  etc.

I have test environment (CentOS 6 based) for my colleagues in the office. It
was built by 6 machines:

1. engine, recently upgraded to ver. 3.3.3, connected to Active Directory,
serves also ISO NFS domain;
2. Data center 1 - with two nodes  - one of nodes serves also iSCSI storage
domain;
3. Data center 2 - with two  nodes;
4. Regular PC - serves as iSCSI storage domain for Data center 2

Since Ovirt ver. 3.1 no longer I have physical machine installed with Windows.
For my daily Windows related routine tasks I am using virtual MS Windows  7
Enterprise machine joined to university Active Directory.

In order to make my colleagues life easy I have created several templates with
different distributions. What was reaction of my colleagues when I encouraged
them to experiment with the new environment? My colleagues told me - everything
is fine for experimenting but we need NAT network in order to make test setups
of experimental MS Windows domain, Active Directory, Exchange servers etc. We
do not want to mess with current production environment. This is going to be a
problem if we decide to offer to students such experimental environment in
educational process - classes for system unix/linux/windows administration,
examples for cloud computing etc.

I am still testing with OpenvSwitch integration in order to find solution for
such case. To be honest with you  - no luck yet. If the integration with
OpenStack is better supported - I think it will be much easier to create safe
environments for testing and experimenting.

Please excuse me for this long e-mail.

Thank you!
Best,
Latcho
--
Latchezar Filtchev                                        American University
in Bulgaria