Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 04:05:33 -0400
From: d...@redhat.com
To: giuseppe.rag...@hotmail.com
CC: users@ovirt.org
Subject: Re: [Users] Otopi pre-seeded answers and firewall settings

From: "Giuseppe Ragusa" <giuseppe.rag...@hotmail.com>
To: "Yedidyah Bar David" <d...@redhat.com>
Cc: "Users@ovirt.org" <users@ovirt.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2014 1:53:20 AM

Hi Didi,
I found the references to NETWORK/iptablesEnable in my engine logs
(/var/log/ovirt-engine/host-deploy/ovirt-*.log), but it didn't seem to work
after all.

Full logs attached.

I resurrected my Engine by rebooting the (still only) host, then restarting
ovirt-ha-agent (at startup the agent failed while trying to launch vdsm, but I
found vdsm running and so tried manually...).
OK, so it's host-deploy that's doing that.But it's not host-deploy itself -
it's the engine that is talking to it, asking it to configure iptables.I don't
know how to make the agent don't do that. I searched a bit the sources (which I
don't know)and didn't find a simple way.
You can, however, try to override this by:# mkdir -p
/etc/ovirt-host-deploy.conf.d# echo '[environment:enforce]' >
/etc/ovirt-host-deploy.conf.d/99-prevent-iptables.conf# echo
'NETWORK/iptablesEnable=bool:False' >>
/etc/ovirt-host-deploy.conf.d/99-prevent-iptables.conf
Never tried that, and not sure it's recommended - if it does work, it means
that host-deploy will notupdate iptables, but the engine will think it did. So
it's better to find a way to make the engine not dothat. Or, better yet, that
you'll explain why you need this and somehow make the engine do what you
want...-- Didi