Hi Gilad,

Yes, I'm interested in that feature, I'vebegun to read this following your advices http://www.ovirt.org/Features/oVirt_External_Scheduling_Proxy, I don't think I will have time enough to get it work quickly, I'm not experienced enough with this kind of feature, unless you help me.

Le 24/05/2014 10:49, Gilad Chaplik a écrit :
Hi Nathanaël,

You have 2 ways to get what you're after (quick/slow):
1) install 'oVirt's external scheduling proxy', and write an extremely simple
weight function that orders hosts by used memory, then add that to your cluster
policy.
2) open an RFE for oVirt 3.4 to have that in
(https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=oVirt).

let me know if you consider (1), and I'll assist.

anyway I suggest you'll open an RFE for 3.5.

Thanks,
Gilad.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nathanaël Blanchet" <blanc...@abes.fr>
To: "Karli Sjöberg" <karli.sjob...@slu.se>
Cc: "users" <users@ovirt.org>
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2014 7:38:40 PM
Subject: Re: [ovirt-users] SLA : RAM scheduling

even distribution is for cpu only

Le 23/05/2014 17:48, Karli Sjöberg a écrit :

Den 23 maj 2014 17:13 skrev =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Nathana=EBl_Blanchet?=
<blanc...@abes.fr> :

Le 23/05/2014 17:11, Nathanaël Blanchet a écrit :
Hello,
On ovirt 3.4, is it possible to schedule vms distribution depending on
host RAM availibility?
Concretly, I had to manually move vms all the vms to the second host
of the cluster, this lead to reach 90% occupation of memory on the
destination host. When my first host has rebooted, none vms of the
second host automatically migrated to the first one which had full
RAM. How to make this happen?

... so as to both hosts be RAM evenly distributed... hope to be enough
clear...
Sounds like you just want to apply the cluster policy for even distribution.
Have you assigned any policy for that cluster?

/K

--
Nathanaël Blanchet

Supervision réseau