On 10/02/2014 09:49 PM, Bob Doolittle wrote:
On 10/02/2014 03:19 PM, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 8:34 PM, Bob Doolittle <b...@doolittle.us.com <mailto:b...@doolittle.us.com>> wrote:

    I can't seem to find any spec for the "usual guest OBS
    repositories" for guest-agent on Ubuntu. It's not specified on
    this page:

    http://www.ovirt.org/How_to_install_the_guest_agent_in_Ubuntu

    Note that this page and the pages it references probably need
    updating, since it's supposed to provide links to all relevant
    info for all platforms:
    http://www.ovirt.org/Understanding_Guest_Agents_and_Other_Tools#Linux_Guests

    Pointer for Ubuntu please?

    Thanks,
        Bob

I think correct link is what I referred in my first answer and that I used:
http://www.ovirt.org/Feature/GuestAgentUbuntu

In that page we have the timestamp and tested version of
*Name*: oVirt Guest Agent on Ubuntu
*Modules*: ovirt-guest-agent
*Target version*: 3.4.1
*Status*: Done
*Last updated*: 2014-08-05 by Vfeenstr

That is valid also for 3.5rc3 and ubuntu 14.04

I edited the page
http://www.ovirt.org/Understanding_Guest_Agents_and_Other_Tools#Linux_Guests

pointing to my referred page.
Let me know if ok for all....

Gianluca

This looks a little bit like an APT repository (it has Packages and Release) but I don't see the structure I expect (e.g. a dists directory).
This is just the way how OBS is doing this, so I have no influence on the 'dists' directory in this case the dist name is just a slash ('/')
What is the appropriate APT line e.g. for sources.list? What is the uri, suite, and component? I'm able to fetch the .deb and install it manually (and then fix the missing dependencies) but a properly configured APT repository would make this more seamless.
How to add it to the sources.list is shown here: http://www.ovirt.org/Feature/GuestAgentUbuntu#Installation The URL to use can be found here: http://www.ovirt.org/Feature/GuestAgentUbuntu#Repository

-Bob

--
Regards,

Vinzenz Feenstra | Senior Software Engineer
RedHat Engineering Virtualization R & D
Phone: +420 532 294 625
IRC: vfeenstr or evilissimo

See how it works at redhat.com