This is what I've done basically: 1. added a new data domain (DATA_R3); 2. activated the new data domain - both domains in "active" state; 3. moved Disks from DATA to DATA_R3; 4. tried to put the old data domain in maintenance (from webadmin or shell); 5. both domains became inactive; 6. DATA_R3 came back in "active"; 7. DATA domain went in "being initialized"; 8. Webadmin shows the error "Sync Error on Master Domain between..."; 9. DATA domain completed the reconstruction and came back in "active".
Please find engine and vdsm logs here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uuwwo8sxcg4ffqp/AAAx6UrwI3jbsN4oraJuDx9Fa?dl=0 -- Stefano Stagnaro Prisma Engineering S.r.l. Via Petrocchi, 4 20127 Milano – Italy Tel. 02 26113507 int 339 e-mail: stefa...@prisma-eng.com skype: stefano.stagnaro On mer, 2015-02-25 at 07:05 -0500, Vered Volansky wrote: > Please specify the exact flow building to this error, in terms of adding a > new domain, the statuses of both domains when an operation is performed, etc. > What are the statuses of both domains? > > In case this is not the same issue, we'll need to have a look at the full > engine & vdsm logs. > > ----- Original Message ----- > > From: "Stefano Stagnaro" <stefa...@prisma-eng.com> > > To: email@example.com > > Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2015 1:18:41 PM > > Subject: [ovirt-users] Sync Error on Master Domain after adding a second one > > > > I'm testing oVirt 3.5.2 nightly with 1 host for engine, 2 for virt (v10,v11) > > and 2 for GlusterFS (s20,s21). The Master Data Domain (named DATA) rely on > > GlusterFS. > > > > I've added second Data Domain (named DATA_R3) in order to switch the Master > > role and remove the old one. Every time I try to put the old Data Domain in > > maintenance I got the following error: > > > > "Sync Error on Master Domain between Host v10 and oVirt Engine. Domain: > > DATA_R3 is marked as Master in oVirt Engine database but not on the Storage > > side. Please consult with Support on how to fix this issue." > > > > Same error if I try to put DATA in maintenance from the shell: > > > > # action storagedomain '62a034ca-63df-44f2-9a87-735ddd257a6b' deactivate > > --datacenter-identifier '00000002-0002-0002-0002-00000000022f' > > > > I cannot switch to the new Master Data Domain neither I can put the Data > > Center in maintenance. > > > > I'm not sure if it is related to bug 1183977. I've already upgraded to > > ovirt-engine-3.5.2-0.0.master.20150224122113.git410d88b.el6.noarch but the > > problem still happen. > > > > Thanks, > > -- > > Stefano Stagnaro > > > > Prisma Engineering S.r.l. > > Via Petrocchi, 4 > > 20127 Milano – Italy > > > > Tel. 02 26113507 int 339 > > e-mail: stefa...@prisma-eng.com > > skype: stefano.stagnaro > > > > _______________________________________________ > > Users mailing list > > Users@ovirt.org > > http://lists.ovirt.org/mailman/listinfo/users > > _______________________________________________ Users mailing list Users@ovirt.org http://lists.ovirt.org/mailman/listinfo/users