On 02/17/2016 05:08 AM, Bill James wrote:
I have a ovirt cluster with and system running ovirt-engine 3.6.2.6-1 on centos7.2
and 3 hardware nodes running glusterfs 3.7.6-1 and centos7.2.
I created a gluster volume using gluster cli and then went to add a storage domain.

I created it with Path ovirt1-ks.test:/gv1 and all works fine, until ovirt1 goes down.
Then ALL VMs pause till ovirt1 comes back up.
Do I have to list all nodes in the path for this to work?

Or how do I prevent ovirt1 from being single point of failure?

Which type of storage domain have you created - NFS or GlusterFS?
With NFS, this could be a problem, as the nfs server running on ovirt1 can become single point of failure. To work around this, you will need to set up HA with CTDB or pacemaker/corosync depending on version of NFS you're using.

If you're using glusterfs, did the hypervisor node go down as well when ovirt1 went down? Only during mounting of the storage domain (either on activate of hypervisor host/ reboot of host) is the server provided in path required to access volume (ovirt1). You can provide backup-volfile-servers=ovirt2-ks:ovirt3-ks in Mount options while creating the storage domain.

Please also provide output of gluster volume info. (I'm assuming the bricks on the remaining servers were online)

Thanks.

Cloud Services for Business www.j2.com
j2 | eFax | eVoice | FuseMail | Campaigner | KeepItSafe | Onebox

This email, its contents and attachments contain information from j2 Global, Inc. and/or its affiliates which may be privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the addressee(s) only. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the original message and any copies. (c) 2015 j2 Global, Inc. All rights reserved. eFax, eVoice, Campaigner, FuseMail, KeepItSafe, and Onebox are registered trademarks of j2 Global, Inc. and its affiliates.