On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 1:16 PM, Grundmann, Christian <
christian.grundm...@fabasoft.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> @1. Did you use the hook?
>
> yes, without the hook fstrim would not start,
>
> @2. Where did you see it's the same size? Should be looked at from the
> storage side (assuming, btw, it supports discard!)
>
> I looked at the “actual Size” under Storage

I'm unsure if that size should change - we've allocated blocks, they are
still allocated from our perspective. From the storage point of view,
there's a hole that can be used for other purposes.
I'd look on the storage side.

> I don’t know how ovirt handles FC storage and if this will allow discard.

It doesn't really care - thee discard should be passed to the underlying
storage. Most should support UNMAP these days. But you can easily check, I
assume with a small test (use sg3_utils for example).
Y.