On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 6:15 PM, InterNetX - Juergen Gotteswinter <
juergen.gotteswin...@internetx.com> wrote:

> iSCSI & Ovirt is an awful combination, no matter if multipathed or
> bonded. its always gambling how long it will work, and when it fails why
> did it fail.
>

I disagree. In most cases, it's actually a lower layer issues. In most
cases, btw, it's because multipathing was not configured (or not configured
correctly).


>
> its supersensitive to latency, and superfast with setting an host to
> inactive because the engine thinks something is wrong with it. in most
> cases there was no real reason for.
>

Did you open bugs for those issues? I'm not aware of 'no real reason'
issues.


>
> we had this in several different hardware combinations, self built
> filers up on FreeBSD/Illumos & ZFS, Equallogic SAN, Nexenta Filer
>
> Been there, done that, wont do again.
>

We've had good success and reliability with most enterprise level storage,
such as EMC, NetApp, Dell filers.
When properly configured, of course.
Y.



>
> Am 24.08.2016 um 16:04 schrieb Uwe Laverenz:
> > Hi Elad,
> >
> > thank you very much for clearing things up.
> >
> > Initiator/iface 'a' tries to connect target 'b' and vice versa. As 'a'
> > and 'b' are in completely separate networks this can never work as long
> > as there is no routing between the networks.
> >
> > So it seems the iSCSI-bonding feature is not useful for my setup. I
> > still wonder how and where this feature is supposed to be used?
> >
> > thank you,
> > Uwe
> >
> > Am 24.08.2016 um 15:35 schrieb Elad Ben Aharon:
> >> Thanks.
> >>
> >> You're getting an iSCSI connection timeout [1], [2]. It means the host
> >> cannot connect to the targets from iface: enp9s0f1 nor iface: enp9s0f0.
> >>
> >> This causes the host to loose its connection to the storage and also,
> >> the connection to the engine becomes inactive. Therefore, the host
> >> changes its status to Non-responsive [3] and since it's the SPM, the
> >> whole DC, with all its storage domains become inactive.
> >>
> >>
> >> vdsm.log:
> >> [1]
> >> Traceback (most recent call last):
> >>   File "/usr/share/vdsm/storage/hsm.py", line 2400, in
> >> connectStorageServer
> >>     conObj.connect()
> >>   File "/usr/share/vdsm/storage/storageServer.py", line 508, in connect
> >>     iscsi.addIscsiNode(self._iface, self._target, self._cred)
> >>   File "/usr/share/vdsm/storage/iscsi.py", line 204, in addIscsiNode
> >>     iscsiadm.node_login(iface.name <http://iface.name>, portalStr,
> >> target.iqn)
> >>   File "/usr/share/vdsm/storage/iscsiadm.py", line 336, in node_login
> >>     raise IscsiNodeError(rc, out, err)
> >> IscsiNodeError: (8, ['Logging in to [iface: enp9s0f0, target:
> >> iqn.2005-10.org.freenas.ctl:tgtb, portal: 10.0.132.121,3260]
> >> (multiple)'], ['iscsiadm: Could not login to [iface: enp9s0f0, targ
> >> et: iqn.2005-10.org.freenas.ctl:tgtb, portal: 10.0.132.121,3260].',
> >> 'iscsiadm: initiator reported error (8 - connection timed out)',
> >> 'iscsiadm: Could not log into all portals'])
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> vdsm.log:
> >> [2]
> >> Traceback (most recent call last):
> >>   File "/usr/share/vdsm/storage/hsm.py", line 2400, in
> >> connectStorageServer
> >>     conObj.connect()
> >>   File "/usr/share/vdsm/storage/storageServer.py", line 508, in connect
> >>     iscsi.addIscsiNode(self._iface, self._target, self._cred)
> >>   File "/usr/share/vdsm/storage/iscsi.py", line 204, in addIscsiNode
> >>     iscsiadm.node_login(iface.name <http://iface.name>, portalStr,
> >> target.iqn)
> >>   File "/usr/share/vdsm/storage/iscsiadm.py", line 336, in node_login
> >>     raise IscsiNodeError(rc, out, err)
> >> IscsiNodeError: (8, ['Logging in to [iface: enp9s0f1, target:
> >> iqn.2005-10.org.freenas.ctl:tgta, portal: 10.0.131.121,3260]
> >> (multiple)'], ['iscsiadm: Could not login to [iface: enp9s0f1, target:
> >> iqn.2005-10.org.freenas.ctl:tgta, portal: 10.0.131.121,3260].',
> >> 'iscsiadm: initiator reported error (8 - connection timed out)',
> >> 'iscsiadm: Could not log into all portals'])
> >>
> >>
> >> engine.log:
> >> [3]
> >>
> >>
> >> 2016-08-24 14:10:23,222 WARN
> >> [org.ovirt.engine.core.dal.dbbroker.auditloghandling.AuditLogDirector]
> >> (default task-25) [15d1637f] Correlation ID: 15d1637f, Call Stack: null,
> >> Custom Event ID:
> >>  -1, Message: iSCSI bond 'iBond' was successfully created in Data Center
> >> 'Default' but some of the hosts encountered connection issues.
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> 2016-08-24 14:10:23,208 INFO
> >> [org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.vdsbroker.
> ConnectStorageServerVDSCommand]
> >>
> >> (org.ovirt.thread.pool-8-thread-25) [15d1637f] Command
> >> 'org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbrok
> >> er.vdsbroker.ConnectStorageServerVDSCommand' return value '
> >> ServerConnectionStatusReturnForXmlRpc:{status='StatusForXmlRpc
> >> [code=5022, message=Message timeout which can be caused by communication
> >> issues]'}
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 4:04 PM, Uwe Laverenz <u...@laverenz.de
> >> <mailto:u...@laverenz.de>> wrote:
> >>
> >>     Hi Elad,
> >>
> >>     I sent you a download message.
> >>
> >>     thank you,
> >>     Uwe
> >>     _______________________________________________
> >>     Users mailing list
> >>     Users@ovirt.org <mailto:Users@ovirt.org>
> >>     http://lists.ovirt.org/mailman/listinfo/users
> >>     <http://lists.ovirt.org/mailman/listinfo/users>
> >>
> >>
> > _______________________________________________
> > Users mailing list
> > Users@ovirt.org
> > http://lists.ovirt.org/mailman/listinfo/users
> _______________________________________________
> Users mailing list
> Users@ovirt.org
> http://lists.ovirt.org/mailman/listinfo/users
>
_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
Users@ovirt.org
http://lists.ovirt.org/mailman/listinfo/users

Reply via email to