Hi,

the VM network network is the default one, so in order to create different network type you have to pass what you need explicitly,
for example:

network = networks_service.add(
    types.Network(
        name='mynetwork',
        data_center=types.DataCenter(
            name='mydatacenter'
        ),
        usages=[
            types.NetworkUsage.MANAGEMENT,
        ],
    ),
)

Will create management network.

Other options are:

  DISPLAY,
  MIGRATION,
  VM

So just past explicitly what you need.

Ondra

On 09/22/2016 03:15 PM, knarra wrote:
Hi,

    I am trying to create a non vm network using the following code, but
it still go a head and creates vm network. Can some one please help me
to resolve this? Or can you let me know in case i am missing some
parameter to add here?

def create_gluster_network(network_name):
    networks_service = connection.system_service().networks_service()
    network = networks_service.add(types.Network(name=network_name,
data_center=types.DataCenter(name='Default'), description='new gluster network'
))

Thanks
kasturi