On 08.11.16 10:58, Nelson Lameiras wrote:
> Hi Shahar,
>
> We try to prioritise vm behaviour predictability over ressources consumption,
> so "thin provisionning" is not a option for us. "Preallocated" is always
> selected over default behaviour.
>
> Nevertheless, while trying to import a KVM vm (from another host), I get a 0
> disk count on the VM, which means I do not event get to the point where I can
> chose allocation policy (usually next screen).
> This is true with or without patch proposed below (assuming it has not
> changed since sept 29).

I assume that this line is failing:
vol = conn.storageVolLookupByPath(disk['alias'])
it may be the reason that the storage is not part of a pool.
(look at pool-xxx commands via virsh)

If it doesn't work it may be related to a different API that we will need to
implement as Tomas suggested in the gerrit patch.