On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 7:00 AM, Sebastian Greco <sgr...@essiprojects.com>
wrote:

> Hi Oved!
>
> That's a perfect explanation. Do we have a release date for 4.1? I'm
> currently working with RHV in my production enviroment.
>
> I may don't have the opportunity to wait for 4.1 to see the light as all
> my customers VMs (im a web hoster) run on a non HA cluster as my provider
> does not give me access to the IPMI. If anyone knows anyway to workaround
> this limitation please do let me know.

Does he give you access to a smart power grid? If so, you can probably use
that as a fencing mechanism. If there is no access via IPMI nor power, how
can you cycle a stuck host?

A not very good workaround is to run the VMs themselves pinned to different
hosts with a clustering between them. I think it's a bad idea (wasteful),
but it is HA. And in some applications it can be active-active.
You can use virtio-SCSI with passthrough to do SCSI based fencing on a
shared disk (quorum disk), for example.

Y.