Hi Yaniv,

Yes, the provider gives me access to the power management of the server, by
using the user web portal and their java applet (the provider is OVH, in
case you have worked with their enviroment). Sadly, their IPMI device is
connected to a non accesible network for me, but only accesible by those
"web" means of using their java appleat via the web user portal.

I'm not sure I'm fully understanding your workaround, sorry :/ In any case,
if 4.1 brings the functionality described (hope it does!) it would be more
than enough for my case. Also, I'll try to "play" with the ipmilan to see
if I can get someplace with it. As my main problem is that one of the hosts
is suddenly rebooting with apparently no software reason, what I'll try to
do is to as soon as the host becomes non-responsive, start sending the
"restart" command to it from my hosted-engine (which HA works no matter
power fencing). So, after the unexpected rebooting of the host, a
controlled reboot should take place allowing the VMs to power on in the
other host.

I'll try to make some time next week to give that a try. Hope it works!!!

Thank you guys :)
Seb
PS: Any estimated release date for 4.1? I never found any info in o-virt
project about next releases or "trello" like info to look forward to new
functionalities, etc.

Sebastián Greco
IT Consultant
Cloud Computing - Red Hat - VMware - Zimbra
www.essiprojects.com
*www.essiprojects.co.uk <http://www.essiprojects.co.uk>*

Pl. Prim, 4-5 Pral 2a · T:+34 977 221 182 · M: +34 619 985 161 F: +34 977
230 170 · 43001 Tarragona Spain
120 Pall Mall · T:+44 207 101 0778 · F: +44 843 538 3112 · SW1Y 5ED *London*
 UK