On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 4:39 PM, Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cec...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 3:01 PM, Sharon Gratch <sgra...@redhat.com> wrote:
>

>> On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 3:33 PM, Gianluca Cecchi <
>> gianluca.cec...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Is there a way I can fix, eventually going and modifying the db?
>>> Thanks,
>>> Gianluca
>>>

>> ​
>> yes, via the UI.
>> 1. Edit the HostedEngive vm and go to console tab
>> 2. Set "Video Type" value to "QXL" and "
>> ​​
>> Graphics protocol" value to "SPICE".
>> 3. restart the HostedEngive vm (It requires a HostedEngive vm restart for
>> the configuration changes to take effect)
>> 4. After the restart, the qxl, spice devices will be created as required.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Sharon​
>>

> The problems is that, from a web gui point of view, the settings in 2. are
> already in place... ;-) but not honored.. is because of this that I asked
> about database manipulation...
> I could instead change the console parameters and set them to cirrus/vnc
> and see if they work after shutdown and restart of engine VM and in a
> second time change again to qxl/spice and see if they are honored then...
>
> What do you think?

​You can do that.
But I still think that setting to qxl/spice should work In first round without
setting to cirrus/vnc first, since the "​
​
​
Graphics protocol" is currently set to "None​
​"​

​and not "spice" AFAIR (as displayed in general sub tab).

If it is set to "None", then after the settings in (2) you will be notified
with a pop-up displaying the following:
"Changes that require Virtual Machine restart: graphicsProtocol"

and after a restart both devices should be added.

​