From: "Yedidyah Bar David" <d...@redhat.com>
To: "Andrew Dent" <ad...@ctcroydon.com.au>
Cc: "users" <users@ovirt.org>
Sent: 3/07/2017 11:12:05 PM
Subject: Re: [ovirt-users] Recovering hosted-engine

On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 3:46 PM, Andrew Dent <ad...@ctcroydon.com.au> wrote:
Has anyone successfully completed a hosted-engine recovery on a multiple
 host setup with production VMs?

I'd like to clarify that "recovery" can span a large spectrum of
flows, from a trivial "I did some change to the engine database
that broke stuff and I want to restore a backup I took prior to
this change" to a full system restoration including purchasing
and deploying new (perhaps different) hosts/network/storage
hardware, including many other flows in between.

So when you plan for recovery, you should define very well what
flows you plan to handle, and how you handle each.

The linked procedure correctly says it's "providing an example".

 Kind regards

 Andrew