I've found this on RHV manual, which should apply to oVirt:

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Virtualization/3.5/html/Administration_Guide/sect-Preparing_and_Adding_Block_Storage.html#Configuring_iSCSI_Multipathing

Let me know if works, because I'm considering a migration to oVirt and I will
have the same issue.

V.

Sent from my iPhone

On 3 Jul 2017, at 11:42, Matthias Leopold
<matthias.leop...@meduniwien.ac.at<mailto:matthias.leop...@meduniwien.ac.at>>
wrote:

hi,

i'm trying to use iSCSI multipathing for a LUN shared by a Hitachi SAN. i can't
figure out how this is supposed to work, maybe my setup isn't applicable at
all...

our storage admin shared the same LUN for me on two targets, which are located
in two logical networks connected to different switches (i asked him to do so).
on the oVirt hypervisor side there is only one bonded interface for storage
traffic, so i configured two VLAN interfaces located in these networks on the
bond interface.

now i create the storage domain logging in to one of the targets connecting
through its logical network. when i try to create a "second" storage domain for
the same LUN logging in to the second target, oVirt tells me "LUN is already in
use". i understand this, but now i can't configure an oVirt "iSCSI Bond" in any
way.

how is this supposed to work?
right now the only working setup i can think of would be an iSCSI target that
uses a redundant bond interface (with only one IP addresss) to which my
hypervisors connect through different routed networks (using either dedicated
network cards or vlan interfaces). is that correct?

i feel like i'm missing something, but i couldn't find any examples for real
world IP setups for iSCSI multipathing.

thanks for explaining
matthias