On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 10:16 PM, Lionel Caignec <caig...@cines.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i'm planning to install some new hypervisors (ovirt) and i'm wondering if
> it's possible to get it installed on sdcard.
> I know there is write limitation on this kind of storage device.
> Is it a viable solution? there is somewhere some tuto about tuning ovirt on
> this kind of storage?

Perhaps provide some more details about your plans?

The local disk is normally used only for standard OS-level stuff -
mostly logging. If you put /var/log on NFS/iSCSI/whatever, I think
you should not expect much other local writing.
Didn't test this myself.

People are doing many other things, including putting all of the
root filesystem on remote storage. There are many options, depending
on your hardware, your existing infrastructure, etc.

Best,

> Thanks
>
> --
> Lionel