Hi,

Am 15.08.2017 um 13:35 schrieb Latchezar Filtchev:

1. Is it in production?

Not really, just for testing purposes to provide some kind of shared storage for OVirt. I like FreeNAS, it's a very nice system but for production we use a setup with distributed/mirrored storage that tolerates the loss of a storage device or even a complete server room (Datacore on FC infrastructure). I haven't tested OVirt with Datacore yet, maybe I'll have time and hardware for this next year.

2. Can you share details about your FreeNAS installation - hardware used, RAM installed, Type of Disks - SATA, SAS, SSD, network cards used? Do you have SSD for ZIL/L2ARC? 3. The size of your data
domain? Number of virtual machines? .

Nothing spectacular: HP microservers or white boxes with 16-32 GB ECC Ram and 4-6 Sata disks (500GB - 2TB), 2x1 Gbit/s (Intel) for iSCSI. The network is the limiting factor, no extra SSDs used/needed.

cu,
Uwe