On 09/07/2017 03:49 PM, Michael Kleinpaste wrote:
...snippity di do da...
really, so purchasing VMware just doesn't make sense. We've also found VMware to not be as stable as oVirt. Our initial oVirt system has been running for about 3-4 years (I'd have to look at the ticket to get the exact date) without so much as a reboot. Our VMware systems kept getting kernel errors about every 2 months further prompting us to look elsewhere.

Not to defend VMware too much, but if you buy certified HW for VMware, I've never had the purple screen of death. With that said, I have had the purple screen of death using non-certified VMware HW.

Just saying... and again, it does mean that you need to usually spend more for an effective VMware setup.