Hi All

I'm looking to add a new host to my oVirt lab installation.
I'm going to share out some LVs from a separate box over iSCSI and will hook the new host up to that. I have 2 NICs on the storage host and 2 NICs on the new Ovirt host to dedicate to the iSCSI traffic. I also have 2 separate switches so I'm looking for redundancy here. Both iSCSI host and oVirt host plugged into both switches.

If this was non-iSCSI traffic and without oVirt I would create bonded interfaces in active-backup mode and layer the VLANs on top of that.

But for iSCSI traffic without oVirt involved I wouldn't bother with a bond and just use multipath.

From scanning the oVirt docs it looks like there is an option to have oVirt configure iSCSI multipathing.

So what's the best/most-supported option for oVirt?
Manually create active-backup bonds so oVirt just sees a single storage link between host and storage? Or leave them as separate interfaces on each side and use oVirt's multipath/bonding?

Also I quite like the idea of using IPv6 for the iSCSI VLAN, purely down to the fact I could use link-local addressing and not have to worry about setting up static IPv4 addresses or DHCP. Is IPv6 iSCSI supported by oVirt?

Thanks, Ben