For HA you will need some kind of storage available to all the compute
nodes in the cluster. If you have no external storage and few nodes, I
think your best option for storage is gluster , and the minimum number
of nodes you will need for HA is 3 (the third gluster node can be
metadata-only, but you still need that third node to give you quorum,
avoid split-brains and have something that you can call "HA" with a
straight face.

Eduardo Mayoral Jimeno (emayo...@arsys.es)
Administrador de sistemas. Departamento de Plataformas. Arsys internet.
+34 941 620 145 ext. 5153