Nevertheless you could end up with a split brain situation because
you've no quorum.

So it doesn't matter which kind of cluster you want to build, but you'll
need a third node as a tiebreaker.

I know that a 2 node cluster with drbd would work, but not in all cases,
so do yourself a favor and get a third node.

On 03.11.2017 09:15, Johan Bernhardsson wrote:

> On drbd you have one master and use iscsi to share the storage. If the
> master fails it will fail over to the other.
>
> You have one up that will act as the iscsi storage and jump between
> the hosts.
>
> If you run drbd master master ... Then you might get split brain and
> that is not fun :)
>
> On November 3, 2017 09:04:49 Eduardo Mayoral <emayo...@arsys.es> wrote:
>
>> Just genuinely curious, how do you avoid split-brain situations with
>> a 2-node setup (be it drbd, gluster or anything else)?
>>
>> Eduardo Mayoral Jimeno (emayo...@arsys.es)
>> Administrador de sistemas. Departamento de Plataformas. Arsys internet.
>> +34 941 620 145 ext. 5153
>> On 03/11/17 08:40, Johan Bernhardsson wrote:
>>>
>>> Check on drbd. I have used that to build a cluster for two servers.
>>> It need some more work than a three node gluster conf but works well.
>>>
>>> I even think they have a white paper on how to do it for virtualization.
>>>
>>> /Johan

(AG Nürnberg)