You're over thinking this.  Just create an ifcfg script just enough so the interface plumbs, with no IP, then add it do your datacenter, with something like dmz or internet as it's name.  Then add the NIC to the VM and plumb it up.

Since there's no IP plumbed in the hypervisor, there's no way it can be access from the network.