On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 1:19 AM, Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca.cec...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 12:25 PM, Gianluca Cecchi <
> gianluca.cec...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 11:56 AM, Marcin Mirecki <mmire...@redhat.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Gianluca,
>>>
>>> Add/remove would probably be the simplest way to go.
>>> The procedure would be:
>>> - take host to maintenance
>>> - remove host
>>> - use vdsm-cient to change the ip of ovirtmgmt
>>> - add the host again
>>>
>>> Just changing the dns configuration sounds quite interesting.
>>> I suppose the host certificates should be ok if the host was added by
>>> hostname.
>>>

>> I've already done something similar in September; see here the full
>> thread:
>> http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2017-September/084411.html
>>
>> In that case it was more complicated in the sense that vlan change was
>> involved for ovirtmgmt and I passed through a new cluster.
>> Now it is more simple, but while on September case the hosts were plain
>> CentOS hosts, now they are ovirt-node-ng, so my manual ifcfg files
>> manipulation doesn't fit.
>>
>> If vdsm-client command is ok I presume it will be something of type:
>>
>> # vdsm-client Host setupNetworks
>> vdsm-client: Command Host.setupNetworks with args {} failed:
>> (code=-32603, message=Attempt to call function: <bound method
>> Global.setupNetworks of <API.Global object at 0x2279f10>> with arguments:
>> () error: setupNetworks() takes exactly 4 arguments (1 given))
>> #
>>
>> with some sort of json configuration, but it is not clear to me what to
>> give
>>
>> Can I do the change of ip from the host web cockpit mgmt interface? I
>> set/change the ip and then eventually reboot the server to see if it works?
>>
>> Gianluca
>>

> hello,
> any update on how to give JSON representation (or other way) to use
> vdsm-client and change ip/gateway of ovirt-ng node?
> Thanks

How to use vdsm-client in general: Just check its man page.
You will need to fill up the existing management network details in the
json format, replacing just the IP address.
The main concern here is, that if you missed something, it may be removed.
You should follow https://access.redhat.com/solutions/168983 for full
details.

I would suggest using a different approach, although I have not tested it
myself:
Edit the persisted relevant configuration files:
/var/lib/vdsm/persistence/netconf
(Change the IP there, without touching the other stuff)
Then, reboot the host.. It should identify that the existing config is not
in sync with the persisted one and a reconfig will be issued automatically.
The risk here is that the config will not successfully get applied, so make
sure you save the previous version.

Thanks,
Edy.