On 02/09/2018 07:55 PM, Vincent Royer wrote:
Hi, I asked this on the virt-viewer list, but it appears to be dead, so my apologies if this isn't the right place for this question.

When I access my vm's locally using virt-viewer on windows clients, everything works fine, spice or vnc.

When I access the same vm's remotely over a site-to-site VPN (setup between the two firewalls), it fails with an error: unable to connect to libvirt with uri: [none].  Similarly I cannot connect in a browser-based vnc session (cannot connect to host).

I can resolve the DNS of the server from my remote client (domain override in the firewall pointing to the DNS server locally) and everything else I do seems completely unaware of the vpn link (SSH, RDP, etc).  For example connecting to https://ovirt-enginr.mydomain.com works as expected.   The only function not working remotely is virt-viewer.

Any clues would be appreciated!

Probably not all ports have been made accessible for VPN users in your internal network. E.g. our VPN setup blocks most ports with the exception of the usual SSH and http/s ports. Hence virt-viewer doesn't work.

If you have the possibility, connect to a virtual desktop within your organization and run your session there.

frank