OK, that's a great place for me to start. However the problem is that all
my post-install tooling is now running on a VM that knows nothing about
itself (having been installed via pxe and kickstart) like it's {vm_id}.
Can the API be used to query for a VM and it's attributes based on
something like a MAC address or the IP itself?

-Geoff