Lots of great hardware knowledge in this thread!  I'm also making the move
to 10Gb.

I'm adding a 3rd host to my deployment and moving to Glusterfs on 3 nodes,
from my current NFS share on a separate storage server.

Each of the 3 nodes has dual E5-2640 V4s with128Gb ram. I have some
hardware choices I would love some advice about:

- Should I use Intel X520-DA2 or X710-DA2 nics for the storage network?  No
significant price difference.  The hosts are running oVirt Node 4.2.  I
hope to use them in bridge mode so that I don't need a 10Gbe switch.  I do
have a single 10Gbe port left on my router.

- the hosts have 12Gbps 520i SAS cards, should I spec 6 or 12 Gbps SSD
drives? Here there is a large price difference, also large difference
between Enterprise performance, Enterprise mainstream, and Enterprise
entry.  I'm not sure how to estimate the value of those different options
in a Glusterfs deployment.

The workload is pretty I/O intensive with fairly small read/write
operations (under 128Kb) on windows VMs.

Any obvious weak links with this plan?