On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 8:06 PM, Michal Skrivanek <
michal.skriva...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 23 Apr 2018, at 10:52, Daniel Menzel <daniel.men...@hhi.fraunhofer.de>
> wrote:
>
> Hi Michal,
>
> in your last mail you wrote, that the values can be turned down - how can
> this be done?
> ​H
>
> ​AFAIK , there is no point in changing fencing vdc_options values in that
case (assuming no kdump is configured here ...)

The Fencing mechanism ​

​is putting the host in "connecting" state for a grace period that depends
on its number of running VMs and if it serves as APM or not
While the host became non-responding , we first try to do a soft-fence
(restart VDSM via ssh) , this will also take time
After that point , if soft-fence is failing , the host will be reboot via
the fencing script and the time it takes is totally depending ​on the host
If you have something to look at , it is your host reboot time and try to
improve it, if the host will reboot faster, the whole process will take
less time ...

Regards

Eli

​