You should query the network to team for sure.

You should also use use the ping command (from the VM) to troubleshoot possible
MTU problems getting to your infrastructure DNS servers and gateway.

# ping -M do -s 1472 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Starting at 1472 and “walking” the -s up and down will help you determine your
situation.

If at all possible, you could take the production switches and gateway out of
the equation with your own isolated gear.