On Wed, Jun 13, 2018, 4:05 PM RabidCicada <rabidcic...@gmail.com> wrote:

> All,
> I recently tried to used the OVA export/import functionality.  It
> seems I misunderstood the intentions.  I expected OVA export/import to
> be reciprocal functionalities.  I expected what we export as OVA to be
> importable as OVA in ovirt.
>
> What I have found is the following:
>
> * It seems OVA export does export an OVA, though the format is not
> spec compliant

Which spec?

  * We use 'disk/' in the HostResource xml field instead of '/disk/'
> for example in the ovf.

Who's 'we'?

* It seems OVA import is intended specifically for VMWare OVA's?

That's a common case, but we can look at other OVAs. The problem is that
the spec is quite loose.
Y.

* I thought I read about export domains being deprecated, and