I had similar problems until I clicked "optimize volume for vmstore" in the
admin GUI for each data volume.  I'm not sure if this is what is causing
your problem here but I'd recommend trying that first.  It is suppose to be
optimized by default but for some reason my ovirt 4.2 cockpit deploy did
not apply those settings automatically.