On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 4:38 PM Giannino Stoppani <sceglimil...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I've always used ovirt with enabled ssl until now, and I've done so only
>  because it's instructed by oVirt doc:
>
> https://www.ovirt.org/develop/developer-guide/vdsm/installing-vdsm-from-rpm/#installing--configuring-vdsm
>
> Having ssl enabled, still lead to what I think are the same errors, as
> you can see from the following and the attached logs.
>
> # vi /etc/vdsm/vdsm.conf
> [vars]
> ssl = true
>
> Restarting vdsmd will lead to failure (expectedly, as we've just
> switched ssl mode):
> # systemctl restart vdsmd
> Job for vdsmd.service failed because the control process exited with
> error code. See "systemctl status vdsmd.service" and "journalctl -xe"
> for details.
>
> So I'll reconfigure it:
> # vdsm-tool configure --force
> Checking configuration status...
>
> abrt is already configured for vdsm
> lvm is configured for vdsm
> libvirt is already configured for vdsm
> FAILED: conflicting vdsm and libvirt-qemu tls configuration.
> vdsm.conf with ssl=True requires the following changes:
> libvirtd.conf: listen_tcp=0, auth_tcp="sasl", listen_tls=1
> qemu.conf: spice_tls=1.
> Current revision of multipath.conf detected, preserving
>
> Running configure...
> Reconfiguration of abrt is done.
> Reconfiguration of passwd is done.
> Reconfiguration of libvirt is done.
>
> Done configuring modules to VDSM.

Looks fine...

> As a quick check to see if everything has been configured correctly, I
> run again the configuration and this time there won't be anything to be
> done:
> # vdsm-tool configure --force

You can do this instead:

    vdsm-tool is-configured

> Checking configuration status...
>
> abrt is already configured for vdsm
> lvm is configured for vdsm
> libvirt is already configured for vdsm
> SUCCESS: ssl configured to true. No conflicts
> Current revision of multipath.conf detected, preserving
>
> Running configure...
> Reconfiguration of abrt is done.
> Reconfiguration of passwd is done.
> Reconfiguration of libvirt is done.
>
> Done configuring modules to VDSM.

Still ok...

> Starting vdsmd still fails:
> # systemctl start vdsmd
> Job for vdsmd.service failed because the control process exited with
> error code. See "systemctl status vdsmd.service" and "journalctl -xe"
> for details.
>
> I've attached new logs  for ssl enabled as xz archive.

Good. What we see is:

Nov 12 14:44:50 ovirtone.test.one vdsmd_init_common.sh[26855]: sysctl:
cannot stat /proc/sys/ssl: No s
Nov 12 14:44:50 ovirtone.test.one systemd[1]: vdsmd.service: control
process exited, code=exited statu
Nov 12 14:44:50 ovirtone.test.one systemd[1]: Failed to start Virtual
Desktop Server Manager.

Looks like a bug, can you file urgent bug for this with the attached logs?

Nir