Shane,

This may be possible, I'm sure others will chime in.  I do think you'd save
yourself a lot of headaches if you were able to do three server
Hyper-converged infrastructure setup with GlusterFS in either replica 3 or
replica 3 arbiter 1.  You will get a very good HA solution out of a 3 node
HCI build.   It's difficult to avoid split brain with only two nodes.