On 11/3/2019 6:24 PM, TomK wrote:
On 11/3/2019 12:52 AM, TomK wrote:
On 11/2/2019 4:07 AM, Strahil wrote:
You should  be able to do that with the POSIX compliant domain ...
If nit, it's better to open a bug so this behaviour is investigated further.

I haven't tried the POXIS compliant domain but from what I recall and remember happening, I couldn't bind a host to more then a single storage domain.  I could be wrong but I couldn't select more then a single storage domain a host could be associated with.

"Any POSIX compliant file system used as a storage domain in oVirt must be a clustered file system, such as Global File System 2 (GFS2), and must support sparse files and direct I/O. The Common Internet File System (CIFS), for example, does not support direct I/O, making it incompatible with oVirt."

Guessing this might not work if I have a Local LUN that's XFS or EXT4?

"Adding Local Storage
Adding local storage to a host in this manner causes the host to be put in a new data center and cluster. The local storage configuration window combines the creation of a data center, a cluster, and storage into a single process."

This explains the reason for the removal.

Source: https://www.ovirt.org/documentation/admin-guide/chap-Storage.html

So it was either Local storage or GlusterFS storage, but both couldn't be bound to a single host.

Does oVirt have the facilities to test this out to see how it should be done?

Thx,
TK

Best Regards,