On February 27, 2020 6:59:57 PM GMT+02:00, Chris Adams <c...@cmadams.net> wrote:
>How well does oVirt handle an EqualLogic SAN controller switchover
>event?  IIRC that can result in a short iSCSI "pause" (can't remember
>how long it takes) - I'm not sure what oVirt's threshold before VMs
>(including the hosted engine) get paused for storage timeouts.
>
>I've got a small setup where the active SAN controller's battery has
>gone bad, so I need to switch to the other controller, and I'm trying
>figure out the impact - do I need to shut all VMs (including the
>engine)
>down first, will they just briefly pause and then continue, etc.

Hi Chris,

Do you have  an idea  how long will it take  ?

Keep in mind that in case  the domain is declared  unavailable  (reached  a
threshold , which I doesn't know)  ,  all VMs using it will be paused and oVirt
 will try to recover them once the storage is back available.
For HA VMs , the behaviour could be different (yet I lack experience to give
yoiu more details).

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov