I run ovirt in my homelab, and have an Equallogic PS6000.

I did this the other week, and it took about 8 to 10 minutes for the VMs to start coming back. I run my engine off of the SAN, and it had some trouble coming back because ovirt was in a lease lock situation.

The engine VMs did pause, but the switchover took too long and it killed it. The other HA VMs were just killed and restarted after the storage issue. It did sort itself out, but the equallogic took its time to do the controller switchover.