On April 5, 2020 3:36:42 PM GMT+03:00, "Maton, Brett"
<mat...@ltresources.co.uk> wrote:
>I've got a cluster made up of five physical hosts, (Dells with idrac 7
>management)
>Power management / fencing enabled on all hosts.
>
>I've enabled the power_saving scheduling policy on my cluster, it's
>migrated all the VM's to a couple of physical hosts so three are
>sitting
>idle with no VM's.
>
>Shouldn't the power_saving policy shut down the idle hosts?

I don't think so...
But you can set a script to change the performance  profile of tuned daemon to
adjust based on number of VMs.

For example, if no VMs are running - tuned's power  saving profile is enabled,
while if a VM is powered  on (or migrated) - the script can put a high
performance  peofile  is enabled.

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov