I found this thread on Stack overflow:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/9077457/how-to-trace-tcmalloc-large-alloc

See
<http://code.google.com/p/gperftools/source/browse/trunk/src/tcmalloc.cc?r=80&redir=1>

http://code.google.com/p/gperftools/source/browse/trunk/src/tcmalloc.cc?r=80&redir=1
 line 843

Depending on your application - the large allocation may or may not be a bug.

In any case - the part after the @ mark is a stack trace and can be used to
locate the source of the message

The repeating number (4294488064 which seems to be equal to 4G-479232 or
0x100000000-0x75000) makes me suspect the original allocation call got a
negative signed value and used it as an unsigned value.

It also had this to trace the memory leak:

to trace the mem address to a line in your code, use addr2line commandline
tool.. use it as addr2line -e <executable name> then press enter and then paste
an address and press enter

I’m not sure if this is helpful but it does sound like a memory leak.

In a related Microsoft doc it stated:

1073741824         Allocations larger than this value cause a stack trace to be
dumped to stderr. The threshold for dumping stack traces is increased by a
factor of 1.125 every time we print a message so that the threshold
automatically goes up by a factor of ~1000 every 60 messages. This bounds the
amount of extra logging generated by this flag. Default value of this flag is
very large and therefore you should see no extra logging unless the flag is
overridden.

The default in Windows is 1 GB. I’m not sure about Linux.

I hope this is helpful.

Eric Evans

Digital Data Services LLC.

304.660.9080